To be the premier youth football organization in New England by teaching the basics and fundamentals of football to every player so that they can be successful and develop the confidence to move on to the next level. We are committed to winning while providing our players and families the best coaches, leadership, and program structure.
2018 Unlimited Football News!!
The future is now For the Edgewood Eagles!
As an organization we have chosen to move to an age based system.
There will no longer be maximum weight limits imposed on the children that
participate at Edgewood. The teams are now broken down as such:
What does this mean and why does it matter?
1) Weight categories allow younger/heavier players to move up to an older age group which increases the risk of injury to that child
2) Weight categories may force children to lose weight in an unhealthy and dangerous manner in order to make weight (restricting healthy eating
or restricting fluid intake in order to make weight)
3) Weight categories allow older/lighter players to move down and play with a younger age group potentially placing those player at increased risk for injury.
4) Weight categories restrict those children that are in the most need for physical activity from participating in the sport in many cases.
5) A Mayo Clinic study was conducted in 1997 that proved that weight categories in football did not protect players lighter players from injuries.
The Majority of programs across the country are moving in this direction, and will soon be the norm.
For more information about Unlimited Football, please go to:
At Edgewood, we make player safety the utmost priority. Each and every football coach and team mom is certified by USA FOOTBALL in player safety and Heads Up Tackling.